On this page Show
- Pros & Cons
- Rewards and Cashback
- Who Should Get an American Express Gold Card?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Ratings and Reviews
The American Express Gold Card holds enormous rewards for shoppers. The users understand the value of benefits when choosing or considering any credit card. The most appealing factor is the membership rewards program for any cardholder. The reward programs are appealing; allow users to earn rewards on their every time usage. The American Express Gold card is meant to focus on such people who are shopaholics.
Here is our review of the American Express Gold Card, where we have done deep research to gather all the pros, cons, cashback, rewards, and more. We have worked best to find all the answers that make you decide if the card is your need or not. Also have a look at american express platinum reserve credit card india & american express platinum travel credit card reviews.
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fees||Rs. 1,000 + GST|
|From Second Year Fee||Rs. 4,500 + GST|
|Interest rate||3.55 per month (42% per annum)|
Pros & Cons
Rewards and Cashback
- 1,000 bonus points on just 6 transactions of Rs 1,000 each month
- 4,000 bonus points as welcome rewards points on paying joining fee.
- Multiple rewards on various brands and shopping portals.
Who Should Get an American Express Gold Card?
The American Express Gold card gives you 1,000 bonus points (worth Rs 250) on 6 transactions of Rs 1,000 in a month. This translates to Rs 3,000 of value on spending Rs 72,000 in a year; a return rate of 4.2% on trivial spends like wallet loads or general payments. However, the card might not be great if you plan on spending significantly more than that.
- Cardholders must be 18 years old
- Indian Resident
3. Documents required
The required documents to apply for the American Express Gold card are:
- Address proof – Passport, Voter ID, Ration Card, Aadhaar card.
- Identity proof – Aadhaar card, Passport, or Driving license.
- Income proof – Form 16, ITR (Income Tax Return), or Salary Slip.
Ratings and Reviews
Source: American Express
- Cashback and Rewards 4/5 – The American Express Gold card offers various cashback offers and rewards on regular purchases. The reward points are also redeemable for various other services and products.
- Fees and charges 4/5 – The American Express Gold Card imply a usual fee of Rs. 1000 as the yearly joining fee in the first year. And then from next year, the fee is Rs. 4500.
- Eligibility 4/5 – The eligibility for the card is straightforward. The message service helps to get in touch with the bank app to get comprehensive knowledge.
- Overall 4/5 – considering the overall value-added offers and rewards, the cardholders can be benefitted from those rewards. In contrast, the users who have less frequency in shopping and have no more keenness on offers might not find the card suitable.
The American Express Gold credit card is a boon for those users who love to shop and dine regularly. Using this card, you can save huge on everyday spending on platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, and other listed brands and e-commerce portals. Brands like Ajio and Darveys offer you 10-25% discounts and earn rewards. It saves you from spending more on Lakme, Looks, and more. So, this card has bundled up many benefits and rewards.
What limit does the American Express Gold credit card offer?
There is no preset spending limit on the American express gold card. It is as per the card assigned limit to an individual.
How difficult is it to get the American Express Gold Credit Card?
The person applying for this credit card should have a good credit score above 700. Apart from that, American Express will also judge other income and profile requirements.
How beneficial is the American Express Gold Card?
The American Express Gold Card is one of its kind and makes you feel premium when you spend. It has gained popularity because of the rewards and offers it has stored for users.