On this page Show
- How to cancel Axis credit card?
- How to Reactivate Cancelled Axis Credit Card?
- Will a Cancelled Axis Credit Card Affect Your Credit Score?
- Can I close my Axis credit card online?
- What happens if I don’t use my Axis credit card?
- What should I do before cancelling my Axis Bank credit card?
- Can I redeem my reward points before closing my Axis credit card?
- Is it important to pay off the outstanding dues before closing my Axis Bank credit card?
An Axis Bank credit card unlocks a plethora of benefits including eCommerce discounts, cashback, freebies, and exclusive access. Across its catalogue, Axis Bank has some great cards on offer – with cashback and reward points. However, not everyone has a great experience with credit cards and if you are one of those, you will appreciate our step-by-step guide on how to cancel Axis Bank credit cards online and offline, which means cancelling the card with no further billing cycles. Read on for more. Also, you can check how to pay Axis bank credit card bill online to know the ways through which you can pay your Axis Bank Credit Card bill online.
How to cancel Axis credit card?
There are two ways to initiate the Axis credit card cancellation process. You can either call up the bank on 1860-419-5555 or 1860-500-5555 from your registered mobile number or you can close the account physically by going into one of their several bank branches.
Things to Know Before Closing an Axis Bank Credit Card
Before you close or cancel your Axis Bank credit card, please keep these pointers in mind.
- Pending transactions: As with every other bank, you should ensure all pending transactions are cleared on your Axis Bank credit card, before cancellation. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of card cancellation.
- Reward points: Axis Bank eDGE reward points are redeemed across 500+ options. Make sure you redeem all of them before you close your card.
- No more purchases: To avoid any issues with the billing cycle during cancellation, avoid making any more purchases right before cancellation.
Different Ways to Cancel Axis Bank Credit Card account
Calling up the Helpline Number
As part of this method, you need to call up Axis Bank helpline number 1860-419-5555 or 1860-500-5555 (toll-free) and inform the customer care executive of your credit card cancellation request. The executive will request certain personal and card-related details.
Physically, at the Branch
You can also close the card account at your bank branch. A form will be provided to you, fill it up with details including credit card number, name, reason, and more, and share it with concerned people at the branch.
How to Reactivate Cancelled Axis Credit Card?
You are in luck. Because in case you want to reactivate your closed Axis credit card, you can do so in a couple of simple steps and get back your original credit card with the same number.
To reactivate the cancelled Axis Bank credit card, you have to call the above toll-free helpline number and validate your details including credit card number, registered mobile number, date of birth, and other information needed for verification. Also, check how to download Axis bank credit card statement online.
Will a Cancelled Axis Credit Card Affect Your Credit Score?
Usually, how much the credit card closure affects your credit score is dependent on how old your account is. If the account is one of your older ones, the average age of your account could go down and end up reducing the score by a bit. Furthermore, it will also reduce your total credit limit by a bit.
However, these changes are mostly temporary and should be back to normal in case you decide to open another credit card account or continue regular repayments and utilization of existing ones.
Can I close my Axis credit card online?
No, you can only close your Axis credit card through two methods – call or branch visit. You can check out the detailed process in the blog.
What happens if I don’t use my Axis credit card?
If you don’t use your Axis credit card, fixed charges like annual and renewal fees still keep piling up. You can close your card account if you plan to not use it in the long term.
What should I do before cancelling my Axis Bank credit card?
Make sure you clear all outstanding bill payments before cancelling your Axis Bank credit card.
Can I redeem my reward points before closing my Axis credit card?
Yes, you should definitely redeem your reward points before closing an Axis credit card, as a cancellation will make them all invalid anyway.
Is it important to pay off the outstanding dues before closing my Axis Bank credit card?
Yes, Axis Bank’s credit card cannot be closed without paying off your outstanding dues.