On this page Show
- Factors Affecting SBI Credit Card Eligibility
- How to Apply and Track SBI Credit Card Application
- Income Eligibility Criteria For SBI Bank Credit Cards
- How can I check my eligibility for an SBI credit card?
- Is there a minimum income qualification for SBI credit cards?
- What is the minimum CIBIL score for SBI credit card?
- How do I know my SBI credit card is approved?
- Where can I apply for an SBI credit card?
- What types of credit cards does the State Bank of India offer?
SBI credit card eligibility is a hot topic of discussion among credit cardholders in India. With a massive market share in the credit card space, SBI Card has a range of lucrative credit cards to offer to the ever-growing customer base. In case you are looking to apply for a new SBI credit card, you are probably wondering what sort of eligibility criteria the issuer requires. Here is a rundown of how you can score a new SBI credit card by bypassing all eligibility checks. Here you can also, read about how to redeem SBI credit card rewards once you get your credit card.
Factors Affecting SBI Credit Card Eligibility
SBI credit cards are issued on the basis of 4 major criteria – age, occupation, credit score, and flow of income. Let’s discuss them in detail.
Age is the biggest factor when it comes to determining SBI credit card eligibility. On its website, SBI Card clearly mentions that the minimum age of applying for a new credit card is 21 years while the maximum age is 70 years. Outside this range, no applicant can get a credit card from SBI Bank.
SBI Card says that both salaried and self-employed applicants can get a credit card from the issuer. However, most cards are usually inclined more towards salaried professionals because of the next point.
3. Flow of income
The source of income is an important factor in determining SBI credit card eligibility. As a rule of thumb, banks prefer salaried professionals considering their source of income is more regular than that of a self-employed individual. Thus, this is an important factor before a credit card is issued by SBI Bank.
4. Credit Score
Obviously, a credit card will not be issued to anyone without looking at their credit score. While the requirement varies from card to card, your credit score should have the basic checks in place. It should be valid, not have significant default payments, and should be above a desirable range.
Eligibility Criteria for Salaried Employees
If we talk specifically about salaried employees, SBI has certain basic requirements that need to be fulfilled for SBI credit card eligibility.
- Minimum age of 21 years
- Maximum age of 65 years
- Resident of India
- A valid credit score above 750
- The minimum annual income of Rs 2 lakh
- Regular flow of income
- Documents – ID proof, age proof, salary proof
Eligibility Criteria for Students
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Resident of India
- A deposit of Rs 25,000 or more, or as per the bank’s requirements at the time of application
- Documents – age proof, PAN Card, college admission proof
How to Apply and Track SBI Credit Card Application
You can apply for a new SBI credit card in multiple ways, but Bankkaro is the only place that offers you real Cashback on a successful application.
- Go to the SBI credit page on our website.
- Click on “Apply Now”
- Enter your personal details. Enter your mobile number and click on “Send OTP”
- Fill out the rest of the application
- Wait for SBI Card to reach out to you. Once approved, your Cashback will reflect in your wallet.
- To track your application, log in to our website and go to “Track Application” to see the current status of your SBI credit card application.
Income Eligibility Criteria For SBI Bank Credit Cards
|Credit Card||Minimum Income Required (for salaried)*|
|SBI SimplyClick||Rs 2.4 lakhs|
|SBI SimplySave||Rs 2.4 lakhs|
|SBI Elite||Rs 7.2 lakhs|
|SBI Prime Advantage||Rs 9 lakhs|
|BPCL SBI||Rs 3.6 lakhs|
|SBI Prime||Rs 3.85 lakhs|
How can I check my eligibility for an SBI credit card?
To check your eligibility for SBI credit cards, go to the respective card pages on our website and find out the exact requirements under Eligibility tab.
Is there a minimum income qualification for SBI credit cards?
Yes, the minimum income qualification for SBI credit cards is Rs 2 lakhs annually. However, this requirement changes on a card and an individual basis.
What is the minimum CIBIL score for SBI credit card?
The minimum CIBIL credit score for an SBI credit card is 750 for salaried professionals. For others, it might vary depending on your relationship with the bank or the card you are applying for.
How do I know my SBI credit card is approved?
You can go to our Track Application section to find out the current status of your SBI credit card application. Once approved, you will be notified by email and other mediums. SBI Card will reach out to confirm your documents and other details.
Where can I apply for an SBI credit card?
You can apply for a new SBI credit card through Bankkaro and get extra Cashback on top!
What types of credit cards does the State Bank of India offer?
SBI Card has a plethora of credit cards to choose from including categories such as travel, lifestyle, business, rewards, cash back, and more. You can pick the one suited to your needs.
You may also like to read: