On this page Show
- Fees and Charges
- Pros & Cons
- Rewards and Cashback
- Who Should Get an ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card?
- Eligibility Criteria
- ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card Ratings and Reviews
- How can I use ICICI HPCL super saver credit card for The petrol pump?
- What is HPCL Super Saver Card?
- What is the Credit Limit for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
- Is the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card secure?
- Where can I redeem the reward points earned on the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
- How to apply for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver credit card?
- What is the eligibility for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card?
In collaboration with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), ICICI Bank launched this new co-branded credit card in July 2021. (HPCL). This is an addition to the bank’s HPCL credit card portfolio. The Super Saver credit card has a unique feature; unlike most other co-branded cards that only earn cashback/rewards on a specific category of spending, the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Card earns it on all categories of spending. Also check, icici hpcl super saver credit card charges & icici bank emeralde credit card review
It has a Rs 500 annual fee and gives you bonus reward points as well as cashback as a welcome benefit. With this card, you can save up to 5% on your purchases. Here is our review of the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card, where we delve deep into the pros, cons, rewards, cashback, and more. We attempt to answer the question of whether you should get one for yourself or not?
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fee||Rs. 500 + GST|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500|
|Interest rate||3.5% per month (or 42% per annum)|
Pros & Cons
Rewards and Cashback
- Up to 5% cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL retail outlets, which includes a 4% cashback and a 1% surcharge waiver.
- Additional 1.5% benefit in the form of PAYBACK reward points on fuel purchases made through HPCL’s ‘HP Pay’ app.
- 5% back as PAYBACK reward points on electricity and mobile purchases, as well as shopping at large department stores such as Big Bazaar and D-Mart.
- 2 PAYBACK points per Rs. 100 spent on all other categories, including shopping at local stores and online shopping through e-commerce portals.
- As a joining benefit, the customer receives 2000 PAYBACK points, which are credited to their PAYBACK account upon card activation.
- Cashback of Rs.100 in the ‘HP Pay’ app wallet on the first transaction of Rs.1,000 or more made using the app.
Who Should Get an ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card?
If you want great fuel benefits, as well as benefits at grocery and department stores, the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Credit Card, is a good option. The card provides good cashback on fuel, with up to 5% cashback. However, the benefits are limited to HPCL fuel pumps and not all fuel purchases. Though the cashback offered is good, the fact that it is limited to HPCL pumps might be a disadvantage when compared to other fuel credit cards.
- Salaried or self-employed, minimum income requirement to be communicated at the time of sourcing.
- The applicant must be an Indian resident
- A photocopy of your PAN card or Form 60 is required
- Photograph (in color)
- Provide the most recent payslip/Form 16/IT return the document as proof of income.
- Proof of residency (any of the following):
- Ration Card for Passports
- Electricity slips
- Telephone bill (landline)
- Proof of identity (any of the following):
- Driver’s license
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card Ratings and Reviews
Source: ICICI Bank
- Cashback and Rewards 3/5 The card offers good cashback on fuel spending, up to 5%. However, the advantages are limited to HPCL fuel pumps and do not apply to all fuel purchases.
- Fees and charges 3.5/5 The joining fee and welcome benefits appear to be fairly reasonable. As a result, you’re not paying anything extra to keep this credit card. If you spend Rs. 1.5 lakhs in the previous year, the annual card membership fee is waived.
- Eligibility 3.5/5 While income requirements are not explicitly mentioned, you won’t have much of an issue given it’s an entry-level card. Customers will receive a digital card that is completely contactless and paperless. ICICI Bank also sends the physical card to the customer within a few days.
- Overall 3/5 Before applying for this card, it is recommended that you determine whether you require an entry-level credit card that is specific to fuel and even more specifically to HPCL. If you are still unsure, you can check out other options and make an educated decision.
The ICICI HPCL credit card is an entry-level fuel credit card that provides some unique benefits. It justifies itself as an entry-level credit card with basic benefits on fuel purchases, non-fuel expenses, and BookMyShow and INOX benefits. All in all, this card is a decent fuel credit card, but it primarily functions as a co-branded credit card with extensive fuel benefits at HPCL gas stations.
How can I use ICICI HPCL super saver credit card for The petrol pump?
With cashback and savings on fuel, utilities, and department store purchases, the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card helps you keep costs under control. Along with ~5% cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL retail outlets and an additional 1.5% benefit in the form of PAYBACK reward points on fuel purchases made through HPCL’s ‘HP Pay’ app.
What is HPCL Super Saver Card?
The ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver credit card is an entry-level fuel credit card. With this card, you can earn high fuel rewards, including a 5% cashback at HPCL fuel pumps. Aside from fuel, the card provides discounts on utility bills and department stores.
What is the Credit Limit for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
The credit limit is determined by your income and other liabilities. Contact ICICI Bank to determine your maximum credit limit.
Is the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card secure?
Yes. For added security, all ICICI Bank credit cards include an embedded microchip. The chip prevents card duplication and forgery. In addition to the chip, the card has an additional layer of security in the form of a PIN. PINs must be entered at both PoS terminals and online transactions.
Where can I redeem the reward points earned on the ICICI HPCL Super Saver card?
All of the reward points can be redeemed for fuel at HPCL pumps. Alternatively, based on the number of points you have, you can exchange reward points for any item in the PAYBACK catalogue.
How to apply for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver credit card?
The ICICI HPCL Super Saver card application is entirely online. It is a completely digital and paperless process. All you have to do is apply online, provide the required KYC documents, and wait for the card to arrive, depending on your eligibility.
What is the eligibility for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card?
Following are the criteria that you need to fulfill for ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card-
Salaried or self-employed, the minimum required income to be communicated at the time of sourcing.
The applicant must be an Indian resident
1. A photocopy of your PAN card or Form 60 is required
2. Photograph (in color)
3. Provide the most recent payslip/Form 16/IT return the document as proof of income.
4. Proof of residency (any of the following):
5. Ration Card for Passports
6. Electricity slips
7. Telephone bill (landline)
8. Proof of identity (any of the following):
9. Driver’s license
11. Aadhaar card
12. PAN card